Personality types. Is there anything to it?
Do you believe there are different personality types?
I’ve talked about the differences between introverts and extroverts in the past, but some entrepreneurs I’ve met say that personality should not factor into your business and creative efforts.
I, for one, believe that we were all born with unique imprints. Some of us are good at math and get excited about numbers. Others like to engage in extreme sports and commit a significant portion of their life to that pursuit.
There’s no denying that some of us end up in jobs or roles we never had any interest in. But the thing we’re good at – the thing that makes us come alive – oftentimes has nothing to do with our nine to five.
Musician Personality Types
When I originally wrote this post, there was an infographic to share with you. Sadly, it seems, the provider has closed their doors.
In any case, the top 7 personality types for artists are as follows:
- INTJ: strategic and planning (tends to make for a great music blogger type).
- ISTJ: fact-centered and reliable.
- ESTJ: administrators and managers.
- ISTP: bold and practical implementers.
- ISFP: flexible and charming, and will trying anything once.
- ESTP: smart, perceptive and energetic.
- ESFP: spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic.
It’s been a while since I took the Jung Typology Test, so I decided to re-take it to find out what my personality type was.
Apparently I am an INFJ (update: I waver between INFJ and ENFJ), which sounds somewhat familiar. Similar to an INTJ, except that I’m more feeling than thinking. It’s interesting, because I think a lot, but when I feel something, I can feel it deeply.
It makes a lot of sense based on things I’ve talked about on the blog and the podcast before.
This would suggest that I don’t match any one personality type that is commonly in the music industry, but I’m definitely walking a fine line between INFJ and INTJ, so I’m closest to The Architect based on the infographic (no longer available).
What personality are you?
Let us know in the comments below.
If you’d like to learn more about the various personality types that play music, sign up for access to the PDF Vault now.
- Essential Update for Summer 2022 - August 9, 2022
- Eyvindur Karlsson Shares Why You Need to Write Songs Faster - May 31, 2022
- Alex Solano of Alex Pro Mix Shares About Dolby Atmos Mixing - May 19, 2022