How do you run an independent record label? How do you set yourself and your artists up for success long-term?
That’s what we’re going to be looking at in this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast.
- 00:24 – Nick Sadler is back!
- 00:54 – Nick’s new book
- 08:57 – Artist contracts and recording agreements
- 10:02 – Finding an extra set of hands to help you in your career – artist manager
- 13:30 – Successful artists generally don’t wait around for representation
- 16:04 – Why is it important to throw more money at album artwork?
- 21:11 – How David won Best Original Score for The Nobody Prayer
- 23:15 – How to grow an email list in depth
- 33:33 – Has Nick ever had to diagnose and repair a business that wasn’t working?
- 34:48 – What is the importance of a business plan?
- 39:05 – Instagram and Facebook ads and the gold rush
- 45:58 – Nick’s closing thoughts
- 49:03 – Setting up your artists for success
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Episode 167 – How to Get Your Independent Record Label off the Ground
- The Label Machine
- The Label Machine by Nick Sadler
- The Nobody Prayer (Original Soundtrack)
- Music Money Machine
So, if you enjoyed this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast and want to figure out how you can take care of your artists, or even give your own music a serious boost, I want to invite you to download our new free training called Music Money Machine. If you’re discouraged and tired of trying to stand out from the crowd, only to come up empty handed, this training is for you. Claim it now at MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Machine.
This has been episode 254 of The New Music Industry Podcast. I’m David Andrew Wiebe, and I look forward to seeing you on the stages of the world.