The Monthly Hustle is where I document the activity that unfolds over the course of a month.
Many of these topics will be discussed in a future podcast episode – the outcome of our experiments, how our humanitarian efforts are coming along, projects we’re working on, initiatives to help you in your music career, interesting content we’ve found, and more.
Here’s what happened in November!
Last updated: December 2, 2021.
Here are the podcast episodes we published for the month of November:
- 252 – Two Steps Forward, One Step Back – with Miles Copeland
- 253 – What I’m Discovering Newly About Growing Your Email List
- 254 – The Label Machine – with Nick Sadler of NSDMT
- 255 – The Nobody Prayer (Original Soundtrack)
We’re a little behind on the episodes, but we’re working out all the kinks right now to get them delivered to you lickety-split!
In case you didn’t know, i publish in a couple of different places. Here are the main ones you’ll be interested in:
Music Entrepreneur HQ
Here are the blog posts we published in the month of November:
- Podcast Digest: October 2021
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – November 5, 2021
- Sarah Tolle Shares How She Grew Her Social Media Following to Over 5,000 & Got 15,000 Streams in Just 7 Months
- MXD MSSG – “How Can I Lose?” Review
- The Blazing Eraz ft. Tiago Vasquez – “Don’t Think About It (Tequila Sunrise)” Review
- Sennheiser Evolution Wireless Digital Instrument Set Review
David Andrew Wiebe
The best stuff from my blog always makes its way over here (onto Music Entrepreneur HQ), or into a book, but if you’d like to see how my thoughts have been developing, you can always check out these posts.
Here are the blog posts we published in the month of November:
- How to Show Your Music Career Team How to do Anything
- Are You Ready for a Million Streams?
- How to Overcome the Pain of Mistakes in Your Music Career
- Replacing Music Career Structures That Don’t Work
- Learning from Your Wins as a Musician
- Weekly Digest: November 6, 2021
- The Importance of Experimentation in Your Music Career
- How to Leverage the Pareto Principle in Building Your Music Career
- Spending More Time in Your Genius Zone as a Musician
- What Can You Eliminate in Your Music Career?
- What Can You Automate in Your Music Career?
- What Can You Delegate in Your Music Career?
- Weekly Digest: November 13, 2021
- How to Collaborate Strategically in Your Music Career
- Your Music Marketing Hat Looks Good on You
- Let’s Make a Difference Together
- Climbing Your Way Out of Obscurity as an Artist
- Get 50/50 Charity Raffle Tickets
- Get Their Attention First & Then Share Your Music
- Being Hyper Focused on Your Niche as an Artist
- Show the World What You’re About as an Artist
- Creating Your Unique Selling Proposition as a Musician
- How to Get Your Music Out to a Bigger Audience
- Are You Still Working on Flashes of Elation?
- Breaking the Toxic Patterns of Trying to be “Better” in Your Music Career
- The Busywork That Brings Music Career Progress to a Screeching Halt
- Figuring Out What Your Fans Want
- Weekly Digest: November 27, 2021
- Unleash the Power of Copywriting in Your Music Career
- How to Legitimize Your Music Career
- The New Music Industry Podcast Ep 255 – The Story Behind The Nobody Prayer Original Film Score
Next Book: The Music Entrepreneur Code – 2022 Edition
The Music Entrepreneur Code – 2022 Edition is almost done! I just need to do a bit of formatting, prepare the Kindle edition, and we’ll be ready to launch.
I don’t want to jynx myself by announcing when it will be available, but I would certainly like to have it ready to go by December…
Next Book: The Music Entrepreneur Companion Guide
There’s a second book that’s nearing completion…
As I was building out the bonus content for The Music Entrepreneur Code sales funnel, I had the idea of creating something called The Music Entrepreneur Code Insights.
The idea was to develop a resource that would offer action steps, case studies, examples, and insights that would take the fuzziness out of the real-life practicalities of applying the knowledge within. After all, The Music Entrepreneur Code is a no B.S., no-nonsense, succinct guide to impacting more fans. That’s its strength as well as its weakness.
Then I realized that I wasn’t writing Insights, I was writing a Companion Guide. Because this book is perfectly complementary to all the others I’ve already written.
I’m over 25,000 words into the Companion Guide already, and full disclosure, I have been blogging the entire book over at David Andrew Wiebe over the course of the last couple of months. I probably have another month or so to go before I’m done.
I haven’t set up pre-orders yet, but that’s coming.
Next Book: Flashes of Elation?
I’ve had some questions about Flashes of Elation, so here’s the lowdown.
Free Training: Music Money Machine
Every musician has music. Most musicians release it on streaming platforms.
There are a couple of critical problems with digital distribution though.
The first is that trying to make a living on streaming royalties is like dumpster diving for a tiny flake of gold. You need roughly a million streams just to make a living wage!
The second is that standing out from the crowd is a monumental undertaking. And there’s no way to earn more per stream than anyone else. On a platform like Spotify, you’re like one tiny product in the dark corner of a giant warehouse!
The answer? The answer is Music Money Machine.
Get this free training if you want to transform how you look at making an income in music, cut through the noise, and shortcut the path to earning a living from your passion.
Elite Players: All Access Pass
Elite Players: All Access Pass is our premium online academy for musicians.
If you’ve read the blog posts, listened to the podcast, watched the videos, and engaged in my books or courses and wondered what your next step might be, this is it.
Elite Players is the juice! Just as the name says, it’s an All Access Pass to all our trainings, systems, templates and swipe files, a members only forum, and plenty of other members only bonuses. You will be challenged, you will be guided, and you will grow in your music career!
This might be your final opportunity to claim your spot inside the academy at the current price.
So, learn more about Elite Players: All Access Pass now.
Or try the 14-day $1 trial (it costs $100 per month after).
And for more courses, you can go here.
Members Only Audios
I talked a little bit about this HERE.
Members Only Audios was originally only available to members of Elite Players: All Access Pass. And now it’s available as a standalone module!
You can learn more here.
Music: The Nobody Prayer (Original Soundtrack)
Launched at the end of October, The Nobody Prayer (Original Soundtrack) has won three awards and has sent my streams through the roof! It’s not massive or anything (yet), but I never would have thought this would be the release that would help me eke out an existence on streaming platforms.
Thanks to all who’ve listened. If you’ve listened already, listen again. 😉 And if you haven’t listened yet, now’s the time!
Next Release: Back on Solid Ground
I’ve officially begun work on one of my Duke Nukem Forever / Chinese Democracy projects, Back on Solid Ground, whose original anticipated release was 2008 / 2009. It’s time to get this sucker done, and I will be working on it over the course of this next quarter.
It’s time to put my money where my mouth is. And that means tying up loose ends, even those I’ve sat with for a long time.
So, I went to work on my Musical History and finally got it to a point where it’s semi-comprehensive. I had the dates stored away in a few different places, so I had to dig everything up, create a new page from scratch, and load it all up into one place. It was a big project, and it will need to be updated ongoingly, but I’m excited to have finally tied up a loose end.
Music Entrepreneur HQ Spotify Playlists
I had the idea to set up Music Entrepreneur HQ Spotify playlists quite a while ago, but I’m happy to report I finally put my butt into gear to launch our first playlist. The month is only half over, though, which means there’s still plenty of time left for us to begin creating our next playlist.
Music Entrepreneur HQ Pop Mix
You can find the new playlist here.
- Fight For You – Sarah Tolle
- Don’t Think About It (Tequila Sunrise) – Timmy Boom Bap & The Blazing Eraz
- Hope – David Andrew Wiebe
- Free As The WInd – MsMauz
If you’d like to be on it, 1) you should have a song that fits the mix, and 2) you should be willing to share and promote the playlist at least once every two weeks. Get in touch and let me know.
Press & Media
This month, we’ve been featured on:
- Rocks Off Mag: The Best Classic Rock Albums of All Time – Shared by 32 Rock Artists and Musicians
- Bored Panda: Woman Explains Why The 8-Hour Work/Sleep/Play Model Does Not Work Anymore
- Break the Business
Humanitarian Efforts: Sahakarini
Over the course of the last two quarters, my team and I successfully raised $2,314.97.
Over half of this balance has already been paid out, but if you’d like to follow along with our weekly and ongoing donations, you can go here.
Publishing Experiment: CloutPub
At Music Entrepreneur HQ, we spend about 20% of our time experimenting, trying new platforms, looking into new sources of traffic and revenue, and so on.
I published my first article on CloutPub the other week, and for a moment, I thought it had earned a bit of money (cryptocurrency).
I published my second piece today, thinking that I’d found a platform worth pouring myself into, only to discover no one had even looked at my first article.
So, now I’m second guessing myself a bit. But if you’d like to see this experiment continue, then leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.
Here are the articles I’ve published so far:
Update: With zero views and zero engagement on the content, we quickly abandoned this project to focus on other initiatives.
Want Me to Play Guitar on Your Next Track?
Notice how I’m not shy about promoting the works I’m involved in with social media posts, blog posts, podcast episodes, PR, playlists, ads, and more?
Well, if you want to get the same treatment for your next release, it might be to your advantage to hire me as the guitarist for your next release.
Yes, the service isn’t free. But I promise to make it affordable and worthwhile.
If you’re interested, get in touch (put the word “guitar” in the subject line of your email please).
- Music Industry News for March 20, 2023 - March 20, 2023
- 286 – Don’t Panic - March 17, 2023
- Extreme’s New Single, “Rise” Makes Waves - March 16, 2023