👉 Get your FREE training now: Music Money Machine
Have you ever suffered a crushing, embarrassing, infuriating defeat in your music career?
Look, you wouldn’t be the only one. It would be quite unusual for a musician or music entrepreneur to go their entire career without encountering some serious hardship. I’ve been there myself.
But when do you give up and move on? Most people quit after the first defeat. And after a long, hard road with a second, third, and fourth offense, the crowd tends to get thinner and thinner.
It’s not that you can avoid failure. It’s what you do with it that’s going to make all the difference.
And that’s what we’re going to be looking at in this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast.
- 00:59 – The Police’s former manager, Miles Copeland
- 01:33 – Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
- 06:42 – Why examining your failures is essential
- 08:58 – Following your passion and being honest with yourself
- 12:58 – Being authentic and transparent in your writing
- 19:17 – Mile’s thoughts on how the music industry has changed
- 22:12 – Effective artistic branding – getting noticed
- 28:46 – Fighting for something you believe in
- 32:57 – Telling your story as an artist
- 37:26 – Are there any books that have helped Miles on his journey?
- 42:31 – Closing thoughts
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back by Miles Copeland
- The New Music Industry by David Andrew Wiebe
- Music Money Machine
Releasing music today is like putting your CD in the deepest, darkest, and most cluttered corner of a Walmart and expecting random customers to discover it, don’t you think?
Well, if you’re doing what everyone else is doing, chances are you’re going to end up a music commodity. Just one product in a huge store with shelves that keep getting fuller.
I’m not saying you should reinvent the wheel. What I’m saying is you need a strategy. And that’s why I put together a free training called the Music Money Machine.
If you’re tired of earning a pittance of streaming royalties and would like to create offer stacks that separate you from the crowd, go to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Machine to claim your free training now.
This has been episode 252 of The New Music Industry Podcast. I’m David Andrew Wiebe, and I look forward to seeing you on the stages of the world.