How do you establish a successful music business online and off? How do you create a popular YouTube channel, and market your music or your enterprise successfully?
That’s what we’re going to be looking at in this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast.
- 00:29 – Matt Ramsey is back!
- 01:10 – Matt’s journey to building Ramsey Voice Studio
- 07:40 – Choosing your focus as a small operation
- 10:04 – A love for sharing knowledge and discoveries
- 12:00 – How to set yourself up for success on YouTube
- 14:46 – Noah Kagan and The Underdogs
- 19:23 – Repurposing content
- 21:05 – Using compelling thumbnails in your YouTube videos to get the click
- 23:24 – Diversifying your content
- 24:16 – Organic traffic and annoying guest post pitches
- 30:08 – Waking up to do what you love to do every day
- 35:31 – Success leaves clues
- 37:29 – Dan Kennedy resources David loves
- 39:24 – Wasting time on fluff work and figuring out what to prioritize
- 41:15 – Your dream customer
- 46:18 – Mastering the marketing channels you’re using
- 55:39 – Repositioning your offers (can sometimes lead to success)
- 57:06 – The importance of keyword research in creating content
- 58:23 – Is building an email list still all it’s been cracked up to be?
- 1:00:06 – What is Matt most excited about right now?
- 1:01:00 – Closing thoughts
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Episode 198 – How to Become a Better Singer
- Ramsey Voice Studio
- Noah Kagan
- How to Make a $1,000 a Month Business Course
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall
- No B.S. Business Success in The New Economy by Dan Kennedy
- The Renegade Millionaire by Dan Kennedy
- $100M Offers by Alex Hormozi
- Elite Players: All Access Pass
- Surfer SEO
- The Music Entrepreneur Code – 2022 Edition by David Andrew Wiebe
So, if you’re ready to crank your amps up to 11 and embark upon your Budokan journey, the 2022 Edition of The Music Entrepreneur Code is ready for pre-order on Amazon. Of course, I’m groovy enough to have set up a short link for you. You can go to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Code2022 – that’s the numbers 2 – 0 – 2 – 2, to pre-order your Kindle. The Kindle launches on December 15, and paperback and hardcover versions will be soon to follow.
This has been episode 256 of The New Music Industry Podcast. I’m David Andrew Wiebe and I look forward to seeing you on the stages of the world.
Upgrade to Members Only Audios for more exciting, exclusive audio training.