Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Do you find marketing boring, complicated, challenging, difficult, tedious, irritating, or otherwise unappealing?
Hey, I get it. I was once a musician just like you…
(Wait, hold on, I’m still a musician just like you.)
I’ve said before that you are the most qualified person to do your own marketing, and I still believe that…
But I also think it can be A LOT of fun! Honestly, if it’s not fun, you’re probably overthinking the process or trying to be a perfectionist.
It might sound crazy, but the only thing separating you from the best marketers is that they got started and stayed started.
There’s not a whole lot to it – make your best guesses as to what your audience will respond to, throw a bunch of stuff against the wall, notice what sticks, and track what works! The best marketers don’t have a more detailed plan than that.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, David shares how to make marketing more fun.
- 00:18 – Marketing is fun?
- 01:33 – Marketing can be a game
- 02:23 – The “why” of marketing
- 03:53 – The foundation of good marketing
- 05:28 – Getting into the habit of showing up
- 06:34 – The game of life and marketing
- 07:19 – Something new and exciting
- Elite Players: Newsletter: The brand-new Elite: Players Newsletter is our first-ever print newsletter, and it’s like having a David Andrew Wiebe print seminar delivered to your door every single month. Click on the link to subscribe to the newsletter and learn more about the incredible bonuses that come with it.
- The Music Entrepreneur Companion Guide: Get the official, definitive companion guide to The Music Entrepreneur Code covering, in clarity and detail, secrets to making it in the new music business.
- The Music Entrepreneur Code – 2022 Edition: The latest edition of The Music Entrepreneur Code, now with more ninja. This book features my personal story of failure and success, case studies, examples, insights, and more. Get paid for your passion and impact more fans without wasting thousands of dollars and years of your life.
- Music Industry News for March 20, 2023 - March 20, 2023
- 286 – Don’t Panic - March 17, 2023
- Extreme’s New Single, “Rise” Makes Waves - March 16, 2023