It’s time for another life update. And while I’m playing catchup right now, you can rest assured you didn’t miss a whole lot between October and November. Either way, I’ll share a little bit of what’s been going on.
Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can, that’s what makes all the difference. – Sylvester Stallone Click To Tweet
Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can, that’s what makes all the difference. – Sylvester Stallone
Much of October was spent recovering from my burnout in September, so a quote about perseverance seemed appropriate. I’ll be sharing more about that in just a moment.
Past Life Updates
Interested in getting caught up to this point? Here are my past life updates:
October 2020 at a Glance
Having visited with friends and my parents at the end of September, I knew that it would still take a while for me to fully recover from burnout. Because I was kind of white knuckling those social events – hanging on, but not entirely okay.
For better of for worse, that meant that my October wasn’t terribly exciting.
I had a few things in my calendar, be it meetings with collaborators, financial advisors, or friends who were completing personal development programs (these were all conducted over Zoom).
I had a few commitments with The Indie YYC as well, and if you’d like, you can check out what I was up to with the Creative Entrepreneur series at these links:
(Don’t forget to like our Facebook page while you’re there.)
I tried pushing myself beyond that at times, but I quickly discovered it wasn’t sustainable and opted for more rest.
Had I not burned out, I don’t know if I would have discovered any of these resources, and that probably would have kept me in a frustration cycle for longer (more on that in the November update). So, that was positive. And I leaned into meditation in a big way too.
In October, it’s fair to say I was smack dab in the middle of the frustration cycle. Ouch. So, even what I was doing wasn’t producing much by way of results.
Aside from what I’ve shared, October was relatively boring, though I assure you the recovery process wasn’t.
I did keep to my daily publishing habit though!
New Music in October 2020
Spirit Searcher, Vol. 1 is still my latest (collaborative) release.
You can also get the CD version of my No Escape EP on Amazon.
New Blog Posts in October 2020
Reams of new content went live in October, though I started slowing down a bit towards the end of the month. Here are the latest blog posts:
- How to Issue Your Release & Build Excitement for it
- How to Start a Record Label with No Money
- How to Get My Music Heard
- How to Become a Session Musician
- How to Build Your Dream 100
- Who Eddie Van Halen Was to Me
- What is the Best Day to Release Music?
- Nothing Works
- What Next?
- How to Make Viral TikTok Videos to Build Your Music Career
- How to Get Your Live Streaming Game Down Pat
- Beginner’s Guide to Affiliate Marketing for Musicians
- How to Get a Booking Agent
- 4 Insidious Music Entrepreneur Myths Debunked
- Karan Beghi from Musicspace Shares About Their Music Catalog Management Platform
- Want to Test Drive My New Course?
- 21 Music Marketing Blogs You Should be Reading
- How to Earn Real Money from Your Music
New Podcast Episodes in October 2020
October was a big month for the podcast, with five new episodes to dig into:
- 208 – How to Stop Thinking & Make Things Happen in Your Music Career: The head can get in the way of what you want to achieve. Here are some thoughts on how to start making things happen again.
- 209 – Don’t Sit on Your Music; Make it Work for You Now: Every song you make represents an opportunity. But it’s not an opportunity if it isn’t out there for people to hear!
- 210 – Will Social Media Make a Difference for Your Music Career?: An honest examination of whether social media can benefit an artist’s career.
- 211 – How Sync Licensing Can Transform Your Music Career – with Adam McInnis: Building a profitable music career without all the assets everyone says you need? It’s possible, and Adam shares how.
- 212 – The Biggest Myth in Music Ever Told: In this episode, I share what most artists assume building a music career will be like, and why it’s typically a far cry from reality.
Featured Product: The Music Entrepreneur Code
Did you get your copy of The Music Entrepreneur Code yet?
You can purchase the special PDF edition of the book here.
Featured Affiliate: 10XPro
10XPro is your all-in-one funnel builder, course platform, membership site, fan club, content hub… basically anything you want it to be!
I just realized the other day that I can repurpose and sell all my products on there, which is a possibility I hadn’t even considered before!
If you’re ready to create your own paid membership…
My Medium traffic spiked in October, reaching an all-time high of 500 views towards the end of the month.
I still don’t know what to attribute this traffic to, and despite all the new views, engagement wasn’t great (Reads and Fans contribute to better engagement overall).
That said, I don’t mind seeing an increase in views ever, and it’s entirely possible daily publishing made a difference.
Conclusion, October 2020
I know this kind of ended up being a short life update again, but like I said, much of the month was spent getting needed rest while staying on top of weekly commitments.
I still produced a ton of useful content, so if you haven’t caught up with all of it yet, now would be a good time to cruise through the blog posts and podcast episodes!
With that, I close another life update, but the November update should be close on this one’s heels!
See you again soon.