When you realize that publishing, building your website, growing your email list, and converting leads into customers are among the most important activities you could be engaging in online, it’s only natural that you begin to wonder about the massive herd that all seems to be moving in one direction… in the direction of social media.
With algorithms turning hostile and organic reach tanking well below sea level, does it still deserve the attention we used to give it in our marketing mix?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, David considers how useful social media really is.
- 00:17 – Your social media backup plan
- 01:37 – Why growing a social media following has become essential
- 01:59 – A model for monetizing your social media following
- 02:26 – Challenges associated with growing a following
- 03:16 – Why great content isn’t enough
- 03:43 – What’s your plan for people who engage with your posts?
- 04:20 – The power of social media advertising
- 05:26 – Retargeting fans and accounts who’ve engaged with your posts
- 06:11 – Final thoughts
- PDF Vault: Sign up to receive my free music marketing newsletter and get access to the PDF Vault for free – filled to the brim with eBooks, cheat sheets, podcast transcripts, and other goodies to take your music career beyond.
- The Music Entrepreneur Companion Guide: Pre-order the official and definitive companion guide to The Music Entrepreneur Code covering, in clarity and detail, secrets to making it in the new music business.
- The Music Entrepreneur Code – 2022 Edition: The latest edition of The Music Entrepreneur Code, now with more ninja. This book features my personal story of failure and success, case studies, examples, insights, and more. Get paid for your passion and impact more fans without wasting thousands of dollars.