Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Success in music hinges on a strong mindset, because inevitably there will be challenge and rejection to endure. The pressure to quit will always get the best of you unless you’ve got your psychology together.
But what happens when you’ve been pushed so close to the edge that taking an involuntary leap into the great unknown is a foregone conclusion? What happens when a gentle shove is all it takes for you to plummet into the abyss?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, David shares what “death by 1,000 arrows” is and how it can be avoided.
- 00:17 – Success is an inside job
- 01:25 – What is “death by 1,000 arrows?”
- 02:27 – Star of the Giants (Kyojin no Hoshi)
- 03:38 – Real life examples of death by 1,000 arrows
- 05:11 – Everything is what it is
- 06:37 – The best way to avoid death by 1,000 arrows
- 07:27 – Expansion
- Elite Players: Newsletter: The brand-new Elite: Players Newsletter is our first-ever print newsletter, and it’s like having a David Andrew Wiebe print seminar delivered to your door every single month. Click on the link to subscribe to the newsletter and learn more about the incredible bonuses that come with it.
- The Music Entrepreneur Companion Guide: Get the official, definitive companion guide to The Music Entrepreneur Code covering, in clarity and detail, secrets to making it in the new music business.
- The Music Entrepreneur Code – 2022 Edition: The latest edition of The Music Entrepreneur Code, now with more ninja. This book features my personal story of failure and success, case studies, examples, insights, and more. Get paid for your passion and impact more fans without wasting thousands of dollars and years of your life.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 297 – How to Build a Magnetic Reputation as a Musician - June 2, 2023
- 296 – Investing in Yourself to Grow Your Music Career - May 26, 2023
- Moog 70th Anniversary & The Return of the Minimoog Model D - May 23, 2023