Music Entrepreneur HQ is the Only Resource
Teaching You How To Create The Life You Want Through Music
As musicians, we’re constantly being told to make more money, market, publish, copyright, brand…
As if these are the cure-alls to our problems.
Then why do so many musicians struggle?
There are a few simple truths NO ONE seems to be touching on:
Most musicians don’t do music for the money.
We do it because we love music.
We want to impact others and make a difference.
We want to live, sleep, eat, and breathe our art.
And we want to leave this world knowing we made a difference.
We want to take intentional actions that will lead us to that destination – as quickly as possible – and keep our souls along the way.
The truth is that making it in music today isn’t about becoming a businessman or woman, nor is it about sacrificing every waking hour to get heard.
It’s about doing what you love and creating the life you were born to have, all through your music.
Everything else is a waste of time.
That’s what Music Entrepreneur HQ is all about.
Hi, I’m David Andrew Wiebe, and my mission is to give modern music makers the tools and mental models they need to create a life they love with their music.
And I’m a musician just like you.
I created Music Entrepreneur HQ and Creative Entrepreneur HQ. I also co-founded The Indie YYC community.
I’ve been helping musicians crack the code on the music business since 2007 and have been podcasting since 2009.
My work has appeared on CD Baby’s DIY Musician Blog, Bandzoogle, Hypebot, Indie on the Move, Music Industry How To, and many others.
You may have heard me on The New Music Industry Podcast, The Musicality Podcast, Passive Income Musician, The Unstarving Musician, Unconventional Life, Using Your Power, and elsewhere.
I would love to connect with you.
David Andrew Wiebe,
The music industry’s top outside the box thinker
Some Rad Things I’ve Been Able To Do
Look, I want to level with you. I’m no one special. I’ve made every mistake under the sun. I’ve endured repeated, embarrassing, punishing failures in the music business. But I’ve still been able to do some rad things. Here’s the short list:
- Released two albums, two EPs, and six singles as a solo artist
- Got coverage for my music in CCM Magazine (the Christian equivalent of Pitchfork)
- I’ve been interviewed on The Antidote and my music was featured on the show
- Played over 300 shows in western Canada
- Created, produced, and performed Back on Solid Ground at the Calgary Fringe Festival
- Earned as much as $800 per gig guesting/session playing
- Contributed to over six compilation albums
- Appeared on Frederick Tamagi’s id live DVD
- Played guitar on multiple The Active Light, Jonathan Ferguson, Long Jon Lev, and Yves and The Talent releases
- Mixed, mastered, and co-produced Andrew Riches’ 12 String Monster
- Helped crowdfund over $15,000 for a local jazz artist
- Wrote and self-published five books (three became best-sellers)
- Podcasting for over 10 years
- Co-hosted Inside Home Recording
- Interviewed several of my heroes, including Riley Armstrong, Derek Sivers, Tommy Tallarico, Pete Lesperance, James Schramko, and others
- Emcee’d, organized, hosted, and tech hosted hundreds of events
- Consulted for some high level music business people
- Co-founded The Indie YYC community
- Achieved location independence and live a nomadic life
- Invested in a music industry tech startup
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it
Do you want:
- Creative freedom?
- The ability to wake up every day and engage in your creative and musical passions?
- To design your life every single day without the pressures of a 9 – 5?
- To make a living, thriving, and killing doing what you love to do?
- Multiple revenue sources, so you don’t find yourself in hot water when you lose one?
That’s why Music Entrepreneur HQ exists, and we’re here to help.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to download your free Music Career Success Checklist and get on my email list. Unless you join, you will never hear about my amazing training and coaching programs, which include plenty of free publicity, publishing, and playlisting opportunities!
Get Your Free Music Career Success Checklist Now
What People Are Saying:
David was instrumental in bringing my career to a point where I was living off my freelance work. He gladly answered my questions, connected me with his contacts, and we have remained in touch and worked together ever since. David is a total pro.
David, thank YOU for your podcast. I’m hearing it every day and I’m already getting results from applying ideas that you mentioned.
If there’s something that most artists are great at, it’s being spontaneous. But If there’s something we definitely need to do better, and to do more frequently, it’s the opposite–make a plan. David’s book shows us all, in great detail and from our point of view, how to build, refine, and live that plan. Success in music is difficult, but for those who read this book it goes from a roll of the dice to counting cards. In an industry where the house rules are often against the individual, The New Music Industry is your guide to evening the odds.
It seems like every time I read one of your articles, I always finish it shaking my head in agreement.
More praise & recognition for Music Entrepreneur HQ
More Helpful Links
Would you like to learn more about me? Find out what I’m up to right now? Have me on your podcast? Here are some helpful links in case you need more information:
Hey! Stop Scrolling…
The Music Entrepreneur HQ Inner Circle
is a Community of Action Takers
No more sitting around waiting to get old. No one knows what happens after this life, but do you really want to wait to find out?
At Music Entrepreneur HQ, we believe in getting into action. Why? Because it’s the only way you can solve your problems!
Take action and start creating the career of your dreams now.