Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
If you simply do what successful people do, you will also find success. This is what marketing guru Dan Kennedy defines as “behavioral consistency.”
Founder of Mezz Entertainment Roanne Mesirow argues, however, that we should always remain open to opportunity, and there are no formulas to creating success in the music business.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, you will discover the value of following your own path.
- 00:29 – Roanne and fashion PR
- 02:04 – Why did Roanne make the transition to music?
- 03:04 – What does it take to be a manager?
- 04:40 – How did Roanne apply what she learned in fashion PR to apply it to the music business?
- 05:33 – How has PR changed?
- 07:03 – What is Roanne’s approach to getting artists exposure?
- 08:58 – What steps can we take to create the lives we love through our passions?
- 11:25 – Where can people find sounding boards and mentors?
- 13:27 – Does “behavioral consistency” lead to success?
- 17:00 – What was the last YouTube video Roanne watched?
- 17:29 – What is Roanne’s daily routine like?
- 18:56 – What is the greatest challenge Roanne has overcome?
- 20:26 – What is the greatest victory Roannae has celebrated?
- 21:30 – Mezz Entertainment’s internship program
- 23:02 – Roanne’s recommended books (and speeches)
- 26:41 – Final thoughts
- Productivity, Performance & Profits Blackbook: The first of its kind – David’s new premium book covering productivity, featuring content from Music Entrepreneur HQ, his personal blog, his many books, and even Start Your Year the Right Way, which is included in its entirety. Be fully unleashed in accomplishing your dreams and desires!
- The New Music Industry Podcast Unisex Fleece Zip Up Hoodie: Another exciting addition to our merch line. The official zip up hoodie is warm, comfy, stylish, unisex, and it’s even available in multiple sizes and colors! Click the “Buy this” button to add yours to your wardrobe now!
- The New Music Industry Podcast Unisex T-Shirt: It’s finally here – the official podcast T-shirt! It’s comfy, it’s stylish, it’s unisex, and it’s available in multiple sizes and colors. Click on the link, choose your size, and color, and click on the “Buy this” button to get yours now!
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- Music Industry News for March 20, 2023 - March 20, 2023
- 286 – Don’t Panic - March 17, 2023
- Extreme’s New Single, “Rise” Makes Waves - March 16, 2023