Change is often uncomfortable. Not only that, but it’s often hard, too. Things generally want to remain unchanged, and a great deal of energy and force can be exerted in changing habits, routines, actions, and anything else that might make a difference in your music career.
But when we force change, it tends not to stick.
So, what do you do if you’re stuck in a rut? How do you get out of it? In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, David shares several ways music career inertia can be overcome.
- 00:18 – Capturing ideas as they come to you
- 01:06 – Inertia and coasting
- 02:08 – Facing up to discomfort and inertia
- 03:34 – Making tough decisions
- 03:57 – Having difficult conversations
- 05:08 – Taking big, uncomfortable actions
- 05:49 – Identifying and changing unproductive habits
- 07:22 – Episode summary
- The New Music Industry Podcast Unisex Fleece Zip Up Hoodie: Another exciting addition to our merch line. The official zip up hoodie is warm, comfy, stylish, unisex, and it’s even available in multiple sizes and colors! Click the “Buy this” button to add yours to your wardrobe now!
- The New Music Industry Podcast Unisex T-Shirt: It’s finally here – the official podcast T-shirt! It’s comfy, it’s stylish, it’s unisex, and it’s available in multiple sizes and colors. Click on the link, choose your size, and color, and click on the “Buy this” button to get yours now!
- The Music Entrepreneur Companion Guide: Get the official, definitive companion guide to The Music Entrepreneur Code covering, in clarity and detail, secrets to making it in the new music business.
- The Music Entrepreneur Code – 2022 Edition: The latest edition of The Music Entrepreneur Code, now with more ninja. This book features my personal story of failure and success, case studies, examples, insights, and more. Get paid for your passion and impact more fans without wasting thousands of dollars and years of your life.