How much reading do you do as a musician? If you’ve been a longtime listener of The New Music Industry Podcast, I suspect you’ve already adopted the learning habit. And if you have, I have no doubt you’re getting a lot of value out of it.
But are you making the most of every book you read? It’s easy to pay lip service to your personal growth habit, but the truth is you might not be getting everything you could be getting out of your reading.
That’s what we’re going to be looking at in this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast.
- 00:44 – When David discovered the magic of books and reading
- 01:50 – What’s the point of reading?
- 02:32 – Did the education system set you up for success in your reading efforts?
- 03:21 – #1: Read the book
- 04:31 – #2: Underline or highlight passages that jump out at you
- 05:20 – #3: Take notes (on quotes, ideas, and anything you see to implement)
- 06:03 – #4: Keep your discoveries alive with spaced repetition
- 06:49 – #5: Apply what you learned
- 08:21 – #6: Follow the breadcrumb trail
- 09:12 – #7: Pay it forward
- 10:09 – Episode summary
- 10:54 – Closing thoughts
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Killing Marketing by Joe Pulizzi & Robert Rose
- The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer
- Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
- No B.S. Business Success In The New Economy by Dan Kennedy
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- The Music Entrepreneur Code by David Andrew Wiebe
Are you ready for some new material? If you haven’t picked up your copy of The Music Entrepreneur Code already, this would be a good opportunity to do exactly that. This book isn’t just for music entrepreneurs, it’s for musicpreneurs too. So, get your copy at MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Code.
This has been episode 249 of The New Music Industry Podcast. I’m David Andrew Wiebe, and I look forward to seeing you on the stages of the world.