Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
How does the influx of streaming apps affect artist and composer rights? What are NFTs and what can they do for your music career?
All this and more in this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast.
- 00:39 – How did Steven’s passion for music develop?
- 01:57 – How Steven realized he wasn’t going to “make it” as a musician
- 03:02 – How did Steven get into the business side of music?
- 04:15 – How does the influx of streaming apps affect artist and composer rights?
- 06:12 – Exploiting one’s copyrights
- 07:34 – What are NFTs?
- 11:46 – Copyright has been playing catch-up in the music industry
- 13:00 – NBA Top Shot
- 13:51 – What does the rise of NFTs and music distribution platforms mean for artists with regards to the compensation the receive?
- 17:18 – Music distribution horror stories and how music distribution has evolved
- 20:11 – Are NFTs even viable for independent musicians?
- 22:20 – As an Entertainment Lawyer, what are some of the top issues artist come to you with?
- 24:49 – The fragmented but interrelated business of music
- 26:36 – The pillars of a successful music career
- 27:56 – Copyright: Broad overview of what matters to artists
- 35:41 – What was the last YouTube video Steven watched?
- 36:35 – What is Steven’s daily routine like?
- 38:41 – Books that have helped Steven on his journey
- 41:01 – What did David learn from writing his books?
- 43:23 – First-Time Coaching Special
So, if you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, and you’re looking for direction in your music career, I want you to head on over to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Special. Lately, I’ve been helping musicians with everything from technical issues concerning live streaming, to getting focused on the right thing in their careers. If you’re looking for personalized coaching, head on over to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Special now.
This has been episode 237 of The New Music Industry Podcast. I’m David Andrew Wiebe, and I look forward to seeing you on the stages of the world.
- Wolf (The Original Creative) Shares Why Digital Advertising is Critical for Artists Frustrated with Organic Reach - September 21, 2021
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – September 17, 2021 - September 17, 2021
- 245 – Is Organic Reach Dead? - September 16, 2021