Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
How does the influx of streaming apps affect artist and composer rights? What are NFTs and what can they do for your music career?
All this and more in this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast.
- 00:39 – How did Steven’s passion for music develop?
- 01:57 – How Steven realized he wasn’t going to “make it” as a musician
- 03:02 – How did Steven get into the business side of music?
- 04:15 – How does the influx of streaming apps affect artist and composer rights?
- 06:12 – Exploiting one’s copyrights
- 07:34 – What are NFTs?
- 11:46 – Copyright has been playing catch-up in the music industry
- 13:00 – NBA Top Shot
- 13:51 – What does the rise of NFTs and music distribution platforms mean for artists with regards to the compensation the receive?
- 17:18 – Music distribution horror stories and how music distribution has evolved
- 20:11 – Are NFTs even viable for independent musicians?
- 22:20 – As an Entertainment Lawyer, what are some of the top issues artist come to you with?
- 24:49 – The fragmented but interrelated business of music
- 26:36 – The pillars of a successful music career
- 27:56 – Copyright: Broad overview of what matters to artists
- 35:41 – What was the last YouTube video Steven watched?
- 36:35 – What is Steven’s daily routine like?
- 38:41 – Books that have helped Steven on his journey
- 41:01 – What did David learn from writing his books?
- 43:23 – First-Time Coaching Special
So, if you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, and you’re looking for direction in your music career, I want you to head on over to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Special. Lately, I’ve been helping musicians with everything from technical issues concerning live streaming, to getting focused on the right thing in their careers. If you’re looking for personalized coaching, head on over to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Special now.
This has been episode 237 of The New Music Industry Podcast. I’m David Andrew Wiebe, and I look forward to seeing you on the stages of the world.
- Music Industry News for March 20, 2023 - March 20, 2023
- 286 – Don’t Panic - March 17, 2023
- Extreme’s New Single, “Rise” Makes Waves - March 16, 2023