Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Do your eyes glaze over when you hear terms like “data” in relation to music careers? The truth of the matter is that actionable insights might be one of the most exciting developments in recent history.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I pass the mic with Beatchain founder Ben Mendoza, who shares the story behind the platform, how it came to be, and how it can be used to help you build your fan base and monetize your music.
- 00:45 – What’s new this week?
- 02:27 – A tool you should be using as a musician
- 03:03 – The advantages of being a tech company
- 04:25 – What struggles do artists have today?
- 06:33 – The right tools
- 10:48 – How Beatchain came about
- 20:46 – Leveling the playing field with actionable data
- 32:59 – Shiny object syndrome (you can’t polish a turd)
- 36:11 – What’s the greatest challenge you’ve overcome?
- 38:24 – Are there any books that have helped you on your journey?
- 40:27 – Closing thoughts
- 41:57 – Three takeaways from the interview
- 44:32 – News and updates
- 45:29 – Listener comments
- 46:30 – Get in touch with David
The old rules don't apply anymore. DIY artists and creators can be successful if they have the right tools to help them along their journey. Click To Tweet
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 296 – Investing in Yourself to Grow Your Music Career - May 26, 2023
- Moog 70th Anniversary & The Return of the Minimoog Model D - May 23, 2023
- 295 – Setting the Foundation for Your Music Career - May 19, 2023