Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
How do you get coverage for your new release? How do you get your music into the hands of bloggers, playlisters, YouTubers and more?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with SubmitHub and Indie Shuffle founder Jason Grishkoff.
He shares how to approach your relationship with SubmitHub as an artist, how it came to be, how artists can use it as part of their marketing mix and more.
- 00:00 – How we’re managing during COVID-19
- 02:52 – How should artists approach their relationship with SubmitHub?
- 07:27 – Coming into it with realistic expectations
- 10:10 – How SubmitHub came to be
- 11:53 – Is there such a thing as typical results for SubmitHub users?
- 15:12 – How should artists use SubmitHub as part of their marketing mix?
- 21:21 – How was Indie Shuffle monetized?
- 26:00 – The lawsuit
- 32:33 – What are some things musicians should know about sending effective emails?
- 35:57 – What is Jason’s routine like?
- 38:54 – The top performing CEOs are only productive 30 minutes per day?
- 40:53 – What are some of the greatest challenges you’ve overcome?
- 43:47 – What are some of the greatest victories you’ve experienced?
- 48:34 – What books have helped you on your journey?
- 50:12 – Is there anything else I should have asked?
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 296 – Investing in Yourself to Grow Your Music Career - May 26, 2023
- Moog 70th Anniversary & The Return of the Minimoog Model D - May 23, 2023
- 295 – Setting the Foundation for Your Music Career - May 19, 2023