Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Who do you buy from? How do you choose from the wide range of products and services available? Is there a specific way we should be conducting ourselves and interfacing with businesses we choose to work with?
In this episode of The New Music Industry, I look at doing business in the music business, and offer some tips on how to get the best results possible from those you buy from.
- 00:18 – What’s to come for the podcast
- 00:58 – The music business is a handshake business
- 02:13 – Doing business in the music business
- 03:05 – Trust, but verify
- 04:33 – Two sides to the equation: The business and the customer
- 05:55 – You’re not paying for products or services, you’re paying for value and results
- 10:02 – The challenges that come with pricing
- 10:47 – Guilty until proven innocent
- 11:59 – Mistakes will be made (it’s human)
- 12:58 – Don’t ask a business to work on performance (unless that’s their model)
- 16:45 – Don’t tell someone how to do their job (unless you’re willing to pay more)
- 23:53 – Do your homework
- 25:51 – Final thoughts
- 250 – Launching a Podcast in Pandemic Times – with Brendan Jeannetti of Music You’re Missing - October 21, 2021
- Roadie 2 Automatic Guitar Tuner Review - October 19, 2021
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – October 15, 2021 - October 15, 2021