Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Have you ever wondered why streaming platforms don’t allow you to create an in-depth artist profile? Have you asked yourself why you can’t view album credits and easily find all the tracks a specific session musician has played on?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Ursa Music founders Chris Jones and Chad Royce. They offer great insights into their new and disruptive music streaming app.
- 00:34 – Introduction
- 00:54 – The ability to create a profile on streaming sites
- 03:01 – Shifting into the digital age
- 05:55 – What are linkable credits?
- 08:45 – What are you most proud of with Ursa?
- 16:23 – Why hasn’t this been done before?
- 18:09 – What is the monetization potential on Ursa?
- 22:23 – Will Ursa Music be partnering with music distributors?
- 25:15 – Will music streaming have staying power?
- 28:10 – What is the greatest opportunity with streaming?
- 32:16 – What is the biggest challenge you’ve overcome as an entrepreneur?
- 36:46 – What is the greatest victory you’ve experienced as an entrepreneur?
- 40:52 – Are there any books or other resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 42:51 – Wrap up
- 43:56 – The Music Entrepreneur Code
- 250 – Launching a Podcast in Pandemic Times – with Brendan Jeannetti of Music You’re Missing - October 21, 2021
- Roadie 2 Automatic Guitar Tuner Review - October 19, 2021
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – October 15, 2021 - October 15, 2021