Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Have you ever thought about teaching music? Are you already a music teacher looking to increase your revenue?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to music educator Wendy Brentnall-Wood and tease out insights about student retention, building revenue streams, how to avoid burnout and more.
- 00:34 – Introduction
- 00:55 – Share about your passion
- 01:58 – From teaching students to teaching teachers
- 02:42 – Artistically inclined but business deficient
- 03:13 – Competition in music education
- 04:11 – Income potential in music education
- 04:44 – Student retention
- 07:01 – Value-added services
- 11:35 – Burnout with music teachers
- 14:44 – Teaching happens during social hours
- 15:58 – How can music teachers ensure profitability?
- 20:01 – Staying focused with your revenue streams
- 21:19 – How to store ideas
- 21:39 – The devaluing of music education
- 27:36 – Paying for quality
- 30:12 – What is the message you wanted to share through your book?
- 34:32 – Why did you write a book?
- 36:12 – What are some of the greatest challenges you’ve encountered?
- 37:48 – What are some of the greatest victories you’ve experienced?
- 39:19 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 40:48 – Is there anything else I should have asked?
- 250 – Launching a Podcast in Pandemic Times – with Brendan Jeannetti of Music You’re Missing - October 21, 2021
- Roadie 2 Automatic Guitar Tuner Review - October 19, 2021
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – October 15, 2021 - October 15, 2021