Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Shopify is one of the most popular and powerful tools for building an eCommerce site. So, why can’t musicians use it to set up their online stores?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Tommy Stalknecht of Single Music. Their platform integrates with Shopify and offers relevant analytics to help you grow your music career.
- 00:34 – What is Single Music?
- 01:54 – What makes Shopify great for musicians?
- 03:21 – The challenge of cobbling together different technology to build your online store
- 04:37 – Focusing on your creative vision
- 06:03 – Can Single Music be used by independent artists?
- 07:44 – Independent artists are more agile
- 08:47 – The evolution of technology
- 09:45 – Crowdfunding with Single Music
- 13:10 – Single Music allows you to see exactly who bought your music
- 16:17 – Single Music reports to Nielsen SoundScan and why that’s important
- 18:29 – Wait, you can still sell CDs as a musician?
- 20:06 – What is the story behind Single Music?
- 23:30 – What sort of freelancing work were you engaging in?
- 26:16 – Any other thoughts on Single Music?
- 28:07 – Bundling and packaging your music products
- 29:33 – What is the greatest challenge you’ve overcome as an entrepreneur?
- 30:30 – Gaining trust with musicians
- 31:33 – What’s the biggest victory you’ve experienced as an entrepreneur
- 32:23 – Sharing your vision and collaboration
- 34:29 – Are there any books or other resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 36:26 – Concluding thoughts
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – October 15, 2021 - October 15, 2021
- 249 – How to Make the Most of Every Book You Read - October 14, 2021
- 248 – Get Your Music Distributed & Tap into More Revenue Streams – with John Kohl of TuneGO - October 8, 2021