How can you have a more effective release? Are there steps you can take to ensure your music is noticed upon launch?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to Outerloop Coaching co-founder Paul Phelps about the effective release strategy they’ve developed.
- 00:34 – Quick personal update
- 02:00 – Who is Paul Phelps?
- 05:12 – What type of coaching does Outerloop offer?
- 07:37 – The overwhelming world of digital marketing for musicians
- 11:28 – The importance of systems in creativity
- 22:39 – What steps need to be taken to have a successful release?
- 30:40 – Launching your release
- 35:01 – The importance of focus on social media
- 36:26 – Are there other nuances that make the strategy work?
- 38:19 – Where can people go to learn more about coaching?
- 40:38 – Conclusion
I know that I’ve been kind of quiet throughout July.
As usual, this is not due to a lack of content to share with you but rather a mix of burnout, increasing workload, vacation time and planning for my future.
My one-week trip to Ontario, by the way, was entirely too brief but much needed and enjoyable.
But I wanted to talk a little bit about my plans. Though I can’t share any specifics just yet, I am looking to relocate in October.
Hard to believe, but I’ve been in Calgary, Alberta for nearly 23 years.
During that time, I made plenty of trips to Red Deer, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Camrose, Barrhead, various parts of British Columbia – which is Alberta’s neighboring province to the west – Saskatchewan, Ontario, Sandpoint and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Spokane, Washington, Portland, Oregon, Hawaii, Mexico, Japan, California and more.
In retrospect, I can see that I’ve never been one to sit still. I’ve often felt it important to have a home base of sorts, but that was always with the idea of being able to move freely between different locations, whether it was for the purpose of traveling, touring or otherwise.
That desire has only grown over time. So, as I look to the future, I plan to incorporate more adventure into my life.
In any case, I thought I would share a quick update with you before getting into today’s interview.
If you’ve ever wondered whether there’s a release strategy that can help you generate amazing results, you’re going to love this episode. Let’s get into it.
[Interview with Paul Phelps]
And I’m back to wrap up today’s episode.
You may have heard Paul mention a free pre-recording checklist in this episode. If you’re interested in grabbing your own, you can go to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Outerloop. This offer comes with Mike Mowery’s Music Management Primer as well, so again, go to MusicEntrepreneurHQ.com/Outerloop to claim these free offers.
Thanks for listening and keep on rocking.
Upgrade to Members Only Audios for more exciting, exclusive training.
- Eyvindur Karlsson Shares Why You Need to Write Songs Faster - May 31, 2022
- Alex Solano of Alex Pro Mix Shares About Dolby Atmos Mixing - May 19, 2022
- How Music Makes Money - May 18, 2022