Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Are you wondering how you could be making more money as a music instructor? Is there a way to generate income passively without having to trade hours for dollars?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I bring Brent Vaartstra of Passive Income Musician and Learn Jazz Standards back to talk about revenue streams and passive income streams for musicians and music instructors.
- 00:18 – Brent Vaartstra is back!
- 00:47 – What Passive Income Musician is about
- 02:14 – Is it possible to make income passively?
- 03:24 – Finding your way as a music instructor
- 06:26 – Internet marketing is a key component to modern day success as a musician
- 08:16 – Serving a beginner market
- 09:30 – What is passive income?
- 10:18 – What types of revenue streams are there for music instructors?
- 17:37 – Some income streams are disproportionately better than others
- 19:20 – Putting ads on your website
- 20:08 – Membership sites
- 22:02 – What is your strategy around generating regular sales on eBooks and courses?
- 23:46 – How important is it to have multiple streams of income?
- 26:56 – How do you find out more about your audience?
- 28:02 – Did you have a plan to build Learn Jazz Standards to six figures?
- 29:45 – Doubling down on what’s working
- 31:06 – How do you build a large social media following?
- 35:30 – Final thoughts
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – October 15, 2021 - October 15, 2021
- 249 – How to Make the Most of Every Book You Read - October 14, 2021
- 248 – Get Your Music Distributed & Tap into More Revenue Streams – with John Kohl of TuneGO - October 8, 2021