Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Are you a music teacher? Do you wish you could find more ways to earn money from your passion?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I interview Brent Vaartstra of Learn Jazz Standards and Passive Income Musician to discuss his journey to this point and how he built a six-figure music instruction website.
- 00:18 – Who is Brent Vaartstra?
- 00:31 – When did you first start getting into music?
- 02:31 – What is your background?
- 04:30 – How profitable was it for you to play jazz?
- 06:34 – The importance of networking in the music industry
- 07:57 – How did the Learn Jazz Standards website come about?
- 11:09 – How did you come to know that there was a hungry market in jazz?
- 12:31 – Obsessively practicing as a musician
- 14:25 – How long did it take for you to build Learn Jazz Standards into a six-figure business?
- 17:20 – Passive Income Musician podcast
- 18:29 – Making books for Hal Leonard
- 21:53 – Why engaging an audience is an important skill in today’s music industry
- 23:17 – What is one of the biggest challenges you’ve encountered as an entrepreneur?
- 26:21 – What is one of the biggest victories you’ve experienced as an entrepreneur?
- 28:57 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 31:22 – Closing thoughts
- Status Audio CB-1 Closed Back Studio Monitor Headphones Review - October 26, 2021
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – October 22, 2021 - October 22, 2021
- 250 – Launching a Podcast in Pandemic Times – with Brendan Jeannetti of Music You’re Missing - October 21, 2021