Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
If you’re in your 20s or 30s now, project yourself ahead 50 to 60 years. Where would you be? What would you be doing? How will your life have turned out?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I have a chat with musician, conductor, life coach and author Dobbs Franks, who shares about the wonderful journey of life, and the advice he wants to pass on to the younger generation.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:40 – Tell us about yourself
- 11:14 – Tell us about your book, So, You Want to be a Musician…
- 20:30 – As a musician, you could spend your entire life in relative anonymity
- 24:25 – Your personal relationships will have to write their own rules
- 27:23 – What’s the number one thing you see getting in the way of people living a happy and fulfilling life?
- 35:04 – The traditional model of success
- 36:27 – If there was one piece of advice you could pass onto young people, what would it be?
- 40:54 – There’s no instruction manual to life
- 42:30 – The moment you take complete responsibility for your life
- 43:23 – Are there any books that have helped you on your journey?
- 45:43 – Is there anything else I should have asked?
Upgrade to Members Only Audios for more exciting, exclusive training.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 297 – How to Build a Magnetic Reputation as a Musician - June 2, 2023
- 296 – Investing in Yourself to Grow Your Music Career - May 26, 2023
- Moog 70th Anniversary & The Return of the Minimoog Model D - May 23, 2023