Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Are you thinking about going to a music industry conference? Have you thought about staring your own music conference?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Kevin Breuner of CD Baby who shares about the forthcoming DIY Musician Conference.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:30 – What is the DIY Musician Conference?
- 01:34 – Education for independent artists
- 03:10 – Developing focus as a musician
- 04:43 – Why should people attend the DIY Musician Conference?
- 07:35 – What are some things musicians typically walk away with after attending the conference?
- 10:09 – Live music production
- 10:42 – What are some of the most common questions musicians come to you with at the conference?
- 12:31 – Is there anything musicians put too much focus on?
- 14:52 – What are some questions you wish musicians would ask more?
- 19:34 – Unsolicited emails and press releases
- 20:09 – Is the DIY Musician Conference profitable?
- 22:13 – How much time and effort does it take to put on a conference?
- 23:51 – Do you have any tips for those looking to start their own conference?
- 25:07 – What the market will bear
- 26:37 – How a conference deepens the relationship with your customers
- 28:29 – The best time in history to get your music out there
- Status Audio CB-1 Closed Back Studio Monitor Headphones Review - October 26, 2021
- Elite Players: All Access Pass Update – October 22, 2021 - October 22, 2021
- 250 – Launching a Podcast in Pandemic Times – with Brendan Jeannetti of Music You’re Missing - October 21, 2021