Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Do you wish you could work with Nashville session musicians on your next release? Are you having a hard time finding the right kind of players for your recording project?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to Andrew Galucki of Nashville For Hire, who shares about working with session musicians and the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial life.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:32 – What is Nashville For Hire?
- 02:48 – Country music
- 04:28 – Visiting Nashville
- 05:07 – Networking
- 07:11 – How do you determine your focus?
- 11:02 – Self-inflicted pressure
- 13:01 – Finding quality session players
- 14:59 – Second guessing your purchases
- 16:00 – Isn’t it expensive to hire quality session players for your project?
- 18:04 – What is the biggest advantage of working with Nashville session musicians?
- 19:11 – Delegating and trusting others with work
- 21:43 – How do you market your business, and what channel has worked best for you?
- 30:21 – What is the biggest challenge of selling to musicians, producers, and engineers?
- 33:45 – Adding value vs. fly by night
- 35:05 – What are some of the biggest struggles you’ve encountered as an entrepreneur?
- 38:57 – Focus and adapting your approach
- 41:16 – What are some of the biggest victories you’ve experienced as an entrepreneur?
- 44:09 – Comparison and entrepreneurial insecurity
- 44:57 – Which books have inspired and helped you on your journey?
- 50:15 – Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz and Steve Taylor
- 51:24 – What tools and apps are you using to run your business?
Upgrade to Members Only Audios for more exciting, exclusive training.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 297 – How to Build a Magnetic Reputation as a Musician - June 2, 2023
- 296 – Investing in Yourself to Grow Your Music Career - May 26, 2023
- Moog 70th Anniversary & The Return of the Minimoog Model D - May 23, 2023